Special Events at Smith-Gilbert Gardens
Easter Egg Hunt
Mark your calendars, Smith-Gilbert Gardens is hosting the first annual Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, April 4! The garden will be open during normal business hours (9am – 4pm). The first hunt will start at 10am and the last hunt will be at 2pm. Your entry fee includes garden admission, 1 Easter egg hunt, a chance to meet the Easter bunny, free craft tables, as well as other vendors. The price for non-member children is $10.00 and adult entry is $7.00. There is a discounted rate for SGG Members ($5.00 per child & adults free) as well as the opportunity to register early.
“We really wanted to provide a unique take on your traditional community Easter Egg Hunt. Each hunt will be planned for the specific age group! That way children of all ages will be challenged and have fun!” said, Christine Davis, Smith-Gilbert Garden’s Event Manager. “We hope people will enjoy this unique experience as well as a beautiful spring day in our 16 acre Garden.”
There will three group hunts in three separate Garden Collections. This means that each age group will have a hunt that will match their skill level: 0 – 4 year olds will be in the Perennial Garden with tall grass hiding the eggs, our 5 – 8 year olds will get a chance to hunt for eggs along our Woodland Paths, while our 9 – 12 year olds will find it much more difficult to locate eggs in our Conifer Collection. Because of the unique environment of each hunt, pre-registration will be available for each age group/time slot. Due to the limited space, we will not be able to guarantee openings in your age group or time slot on the day of the hunt. All Easter Eggs will be filled with tickets, where children will have the chance to choose their own prizes based on the number of tickets collected from our Prize Table. Also don’t miss the opportunity to take some great family photos in the Garden while the flowers are blooming!
|0 – 4 Year Olds||5 – 8 Year Olds||9 – 12 Year Olds|
|Perennial Garden||Woodland Garden||Conifer Garden|
Day Of Event Details:
- We are located at 2382 Pine Mountain Rd. Kennesaw, GA 30152 (770) 919-0248
- This Event is Rain or Shine. In the case of severe lightning, we will allow all Easter Egg Hunt Tickets to be used as General Admission Passes for another day.
- Parking is Available on Site (but very limited)
- Complimentary Shuttle Service will be available from Ben Robert’s Community Center (also known as Adam’s Park)
- Please bring your email confirmation if you paid online. (digital or printed)
- Please bring your membership card if you are receiving the member discount.
- We suggest arriving at least 30 to 45 minutes prior to your hunt to park or take the shuttle as well as check in with admission. You must check in with admission before entering the event.
- Pine Mountain Road is Scheduled to Close on April 4th between Cobblewood Trail and Stone Point Dr. To avoid this possible delay, take Pine Mountain Road from Cobb Pkwy vs. Stilesboro.
You can find more event details by emailing email@example.com. SGG Members can register from March 3rd – March 9th by calling the garden. Registration will open to the public on March 10th and you can register for the event online or by calling 770-919-0248. Sponsorship opportunities and vendor requests are also available.
Just in time for spring planting, Smith-Gilbert Gardens will conduct a sale of plants propagated at the Gardens on Saturday, April 18 from 9 am – noon. Among the offerings will be flowering and ornamental trees, ferns, woodland perennials, camellias, orchids, begonias, vines and groundcovers.
Cobb County Master Gardeners will be on hand to answer your plant questions. If you have weeds growing in your yard, bring a bagged leaf sample from the plant or take a photo with your smart phone.
Pick up a t-shirt or hat from Stone Forest Materials – they will also provide a discount coupon for their store.
Garden admission is charged, but the cost of admission will be credited toward the purchase of a Garden membership, if purchased that day. Members receive free admission and a 10% discount on plant sale and gift shop purchases.
Smith-Gilbert Gardens is located at 2382 Pine Mountain Road. Additional information can be obtained at www.smithgilbertgardens.com, facebook.com/sggardens, or by calling 770-919-0248.
2016 Rose Garden Gala
May 16, 2015
Click Image Below to Buy Your Ticket!
[events_planner taxonomy=”special-event” ]